- 2 c. Whole Wheat Pastry Flour Or All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 c. Nonfat (2%) Milk
- 1 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 2 Gala Apples, Cored And Grated
- 1/2 c. Chopped Pecans
- Maple Syrup And Fresh Fruit, To Serve
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk eggs, milk and maple syrup. Pour egg mixture into flour mixture and stir to combine. Stir in grated apples and pecans.
- Heat a nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium heat, or heat a griddle to 375ºF. Lightly coat skillet with cooking spray.
- Using a ¼-cup measuring cup, scoop batter into the skillet, a few pancakes at a time. When pancakes start to bubble on top, flip and cook until pancakes are cooked through all the way. Repeat with remaining batter. (Makes 20 pancakes.)
- Serve pancakes with maple syrup and fresh fruit, if desired.